When I started my business, I knew the definition of marketing but I didn’t know how to go about it. I started cold calling people and letting them know that I needed work. I even offered them 20% of the project commission if they do send me some work. This tip was given to me by so-called GURU, who charged lakhs for these useless ideas. I am still waiting for the order to come through these affiliated.
And then I had to find my own way around it. Of course I had researched the market and observed many many online influencers to know that video marketing works. But was it going to work for me was a big question.!!!!
I made my first video. It was pretty lousy and I did not mention anything there, neither my product, nor my service. But I did get a lot of claps from another BS mentor whom I thankfully did not pay anything.
There are still a lot of his mentees who are making video after video without generating any revenue from it. I tried to go another route. In fact, I decided to go all out. I decided to SPEAK UP exactly who I am and what work I do and what kind of work I am looking for.
AND I HIT THE JACKPOT. I started getting leads like crazy. I could not keep a track of them. Below is my first pitch video.
Then there was no stopping me. One video after another, I got a pipeline of projects. Even my older leads started contacting me after watching these videos.
But it’s not easy to make videos. Don’t get me wrong. TECHNICALLY, they are super simple but INTERNALLY , PSYCHOLOGICALLY, video making is a torture.
Following are some of the excuses that will prevent you from making videos.
- I am not good enough to put myself out there.
- What will people think
- I am too fat
- I am not good looking
- Videos don’t work (what if 87% of today’s marketers are making videos to sell)
- I don’t have a good camera.
- I don’t have the equipment
- I don’t have the voice modulation and the speaking skills needed
- I don’t have the content to speak (no matter how good of an industry expert you are)
- I don’t have the reach to go viral
- Who is going to listen to me?
And many more.
These VOICES speaking inside you will prevent you from marketing yourself. And therefore your business will never grow because the other marketing techniques are old school and out dated.
Now IF YOU ARE ABLE TO OVERCOME THE VOICES (And that is only possible when your WHY is strong), then you can use the following Video Marketing tips to hone your skills.
Follow the 5 steps process to create and post videos every single day on social media.
- Step 1 : Problem Statement (One Line)
- Step 2: Your introduction
- Step 3: Problem Definition with example and story (2 minutes)
- Step 4: Solution overview (3 minutes)
- Step 5: Solution conclusion (1 line conclusion)
Watch the below video to get an example of how use it in my videos.
If you wish to grow your business and if you wish to have a pipeline of new projects, then you will implement the above formula without a doubt.